Chemicals - Energy - Logistics
PCC is an internationally operating group of companies under the leadership of PCC SE (formerly PCC AG) based in Duisburg, Germany.
Group sales generated in the three divisions - Chemicals, Energy and Logistics - soared from just under EUR 60 million in 1994, the first financial year, to approx. EUR 680 million in 2012.
PCC today employs approximately 2,500 staff in more than 70 subsidiaries and associated companies in 16 countries.
The PCC Villa in Duisburg-Homberg has been the corporate headquarters ot the PCC Group since 1998. Each year, this also serves as the venue for the Investor's Day organised by PCC SE.
The Chemicals Division of the PCC Group includes one of Poland's largest chemical plants. At the site in Brzeg Dolny near Wrocław, PCC Rokita SA manufactures chemicals such as polyols, chlorine and plastics additives for use in many segments including the automotive, furniture, and plastics industries. The "Rokopol iPol®" polyol manufactured here is the main ingredient of speciality foams. They are manufactured using PCC's "iPoltec®" technology and used for the production of comfortable cold-cure foam mattresses. At its production sites in Brzeg Dolny and Płock (Poland), PCC Exol S.A. manufactures surfactants for the cleaning and laundry detergents, and cosmetics industries.
Business activities of PCC's Chemicals Division
- Production and processing of chemical raw materials
Main Product Lines:
- polyols (for the manufacture of foams)
- chlorine and chlorine compounds (basic chemicals for use in the pulp and paper industry and for other purposes, including the production of propylene oxide (PO) for the manufacture of polyols)
- surfactants (active substances in cleaning detergents)
- phosphorus and naphthalene derivatives (flame retardants and plasticizers)
- nonylphenol and dodecyl phenol
- Trade in chemical raw materials, coke and anthracite
- Manufacture and distribution of consumer goods, such as cleaning detergents, liquid laundry detergents, and matches
Additionally, we continuously work on the optimization of the energy supplies for our group-owned chemical plants and portfolio companies.
The Logistics Division currently encompasses intermodal container transport, logistics services, road transport, and wagon leasing. The key company of this division is PCC Intermodal S.A., Gdynia, which is one of Poland's leading container transport companies. The company offers scheduled intermodal transport services. Currently it operates roughly 200 container block trains per month. In 2012, PCC Intermodal S.A. reached a transport volume of 94,600 containers, or 151,131 TEU (TEU = unit of measurement for ISO standard containers).